What to Expect at the Show
An Affair of The Heart is a big deal to Oklahomans. From lampshades to Oklahoma Americana, An Affair of The Heart is perfect for those who love crafts, home decorations, food and much more.
An Affair of The Heart is organized, very clean, and professional. The environment is busy and everyone shopping has a least one shopping bag in hand with goodies inside. Everyone is walking around curious to see what each vendors has to offer and are courteous to one another. We have a GREAT offer for February that’s sure to make your show experience fun so don’t miss the end of this blog.
Our Experience Working the Show
We have no shame telling you this, but we were a bit nervous and skeptical at first to interact with the shoppers as they watched us put on our slings at our first show. But as we removed and replaced our slings throughout the day, it became a natural motion. We've become pretty fast at demonstrating and it tickles us to place our “fake baby” aka demo doll in our carriers and walk around. We even have little kids ask if our baby is real. Talking with and interacting with the crowd has always been a nice experience. We've now attended 6 shows!
We are always amazed at how COMFORTABLE the babies are when worn in our carriers. It is almost instantly that they became soothed in the huggable and kissable position when worn by their moms. Dads seemed to oo and ah over our mei tais and are impressed with how the weight of their toddlers became manageable once they were all set in the carrier! We love seeing the smiles and the “ahhh” moments that come over the moms faces as they experienced the feelings of freedom and comfort while wearing our slings. Let me tell you, baby fever is real because we're always burning up with admiration! We hope to see return customers in February and meet new Oklahoma families. After observing AAOTH all these times I do have some good tips to share.
Here are my best tips for attending An Affair of The Heart:
- If you’re pregnant with your first baby (no stroller or other kids yet) bring or buy, at the show, a reusable cart. You can tote around your items more easily and it will take a load off of your arms even if your purse is the only thing that ends up being strolled around in your cart, being pregnant it’s worth it.
- Also take breaks in the chairs near the snacks booths.
- Lastly don’t forget to stop by our booth to pick up your new sling or mei tai. Having your carrier BEFORE your baby arrives will give you time to wash it, break it in a bit, and try it on a few times for practice. You can even wrap up your growing tummy for relief from the weight.
- If you have a stroller and a baby carrier bring both! You can shop longer if you give your baby time in your carrier, time in the stroller, and time simple in your loving arms. Switching up positions will make you and baby more comfortable AND you can store any new purchases below the stroller as well as have a good place for your water bottle and such as you walk around.
- If you do not have a carrier yet make our booth your first stop. I assure you your new myheartcreative baby carrier will be your BEST purchase of the weekend and you’ll have it on hand to use as mentioned above.
Moms of Multiples
- Survive. Just kidding, but no really! Bring that stroller, your baby carriers (I know you must have a few different options by now), and a friend or your kids grandma.
- I do not advise bringing a wagon. Wagons stroll behind you making it hard to keep your kids in view when walking through the crowds UNLESS your friend, husband, or mom is willing to walk behind the wagon. If you walk like this the benefit is your in a single file line, but then you can’t enjoy each other’s conversation as well. If you can push the stroller, wear one baby, your partner in shopping crime wears another little one and pushes the reusable shopping cart you’re doing mighty fine!
- Have big kids stay close at all times, but consider taking breaks and letting them visit cute booths in view from the break station to let them explore a bit while you watch.
- Don’t forget to stop by our booth. If you’re expecting your very last baby or if you’ve already welcomed the final addition to your family before the show my advice would be to purchase a myheartcreative mei tai. It will last you a little longer than a ring sling! Your ring sling will be great for quick carries which is always helpful for a mom of multiples AND you can pass it on to a dear friend after you’re done using it. Your mei tai however will be good for times when you need to tote around your baby for longer periods of time and will outlast the ring sling by 10 lbs since it holds up to 45 lbs. By now you know what you need since you’ve basically master mommyhood so just stop on by our booth and see for yourself what may work best for you.
- Ask the staff checking arm bands and tickets about the building’s restrooms. Sometimes there is an obvious one with a long line AND a second one hidden away or a little off the beaten path that may have a smaller line. I also suggest trying to potty a little before lunch since it seems everyone likes to run to the restroom after eating goodies after their morning of shopping.
- Don’t forget to arrive early. Some vendors do run out of inventory AND if you’re early parking will be a breeze.
- Try to look for vendors who promote MADE IN OKLAHOMA. It’s a win win so support local businesses.
- Even if there’s not a baby in sight for you, you’re still welcome to join us at the myheartcreative booth. We’ll have handy tote bags for you and great baby shower gifts for your friends. If you do not know what color of carrier to get your expecting bestie we even offer gift cards. Let me tell you ring slings make the ultimate shower gift since they are small, easy to wrap, and always a hit amongst the guests at any shower.
So mark your calendars and come see us February 10 - 12, 2017 at the Cox Pavilion Building on the Oklahoma County Fairgrounds, booth 180-181. We will be in a larger space this year so that we may provide you with the best selection of ring slings, mei tais, tote bags, and chewbeads in different options and colors!
Stop by Our Booth to Win a Gift Card
Stop by our booth anytime to sign up for the live drawings that will be held on the hour just about every hour during AAOTH! When you sign up you’ll be given a ticket. We’ll draw from the tickets and the winner who’s ticket we draw will get to pull their myheartcreative gift card giveaway from a bucket!
Our gift card giveaways will range from $15-$150
The earlier you stop by to enter your name the more chances you will have to win. AND for every purchase you make you’ll receive additional tickets.
- One ticket per person.
- You must be present at the hourly drawings to win.
- If the winner is not present, we will draw again until we have a winner.
- Multiple tickets will be given out as a thank you for making a purchase from us.
- Gift cards won at the show must be applied to towards a future purchase and will not be honored as a refund for any past purchases.
- All tickets will be valid Friday - Sunday.
- Friday & Saturday drawings start at 10am and the last drawing will be held at 5pm. Sunday the drawings will start at 12pm and the last drawing will be at 3pm.
- No cash will be given back if the full amount of gift card is not used when making a purchase.
Posted on Wed, January 18, 2017
by Amy Samuel filed under