Fall is in full swing here in Oklahoma, which means cooler weather, apple cider and pumpkins as far as the eye can see. There’s something about the crisp air and changing colors of nature that warms our souls and inspires us to dig deep within our creativity.
And boy have we been digging.
This fall, at myheartcreative, it’s been more than business as usual. We’re not only keeping busy designing high-quality websites and logos for our awesome clients, but we’re also unveiling the newest member of our product family; the Mei Tai.
We’re over the moon with excitement about this announcement! We’ve designed a product we know you’re going to love and here are a few reasons why:
1. They’re Made of Great Things
There are so many things that make our Mei Tai’s great, but we’re especially proud of this one: they’re made of linen and silk. Because why use only one fabric type, when you can use two?
Providing our customers with superior quality is high on our list of priorities. That’s why we’ve paired timeless linen and luxurious silk...and its made all the difference. We work with experts around the world in choosing the finest quality fabrics with some pretty amazing characteristics:
- Moisture-wicking- Helps keep your body temperature under control. It can get warm holding a baby close due to body heat alone. Mix in some warm weather and things can get sweaty. Linen alleviates this problem, cooling you by 5-7 degrees.
- Made from flax- Ultra absorbent and can also hold up to 20% of its weight in water before feeling damp.
- High air permeability- Air flows freely through the fabric, keeping it nice and dry, even on the hottest of days.
- In cooler weather, it works in reverse and retains your body heat, helping to keep Baby and wearer warm.
- Antibacterial- Its natural antiseptic hinders the growth of bacteria.
- Hypo-allergenic- No harmful elements means it’s safe to use on even the most sensitive skin.
- Low-elasticity- Keeps its shape over time and gets softer with each washing.
- Environmentally friendly- Flax requires less water to grow and also repels dirt, so less washings are necessary.
- Super absorbent- Silk is highly moisture-wicking and can absorb up to a third of its weight in water before it feels wet.
- Hypoallergenic- Natural fabric won’t irritate sensitive or newborn skin.
- Breathable fabric allows air to flow and control body heat.
- Our handwoven Indian Dupioni silk is woven with differing colors of threads giving the fabric an iridescent effect. Dupioni Silk has prominent slubs, making it a beautifully natural piece of material.
- Environmentally friendly- Made from a renewable source and biodegradable. Stain-resistant making it useable longer between washings.
2. They’re Different
When you use any myheartcreative product, you can be sure it’s made with a lot of heart. Our Mei Tai is no exception. It’s designed intentionally to be practical, purposeful and helpful to families all over the world. Some unique characteristics include:
- In keeping with our Oklahoma roots, we use beautiful stitching details inspired by Native American culture.
- Each one has enough fabric to provide extra wrapping support and a simple-to-use structure.
- Padded fabric with extra adjustability provide added comfort measures for longer carries as babies get bigger.
- For ultimate convenience, they’re machine washable.
- Diverse carrying options, but perfect for back carries.
- Generous front pocket- Expandable for on-the-go items and style.
- Drawstrings in two spots, allowing for cinching to create a more custom fit.
- Expandable straps- Spread straps for a wrap-like feel or keep them narrow for a simple fit.
- We believe in keeping it simple, so our Mei Tai’s are designed to be simple and available in a variety of vibrant, solid colors.
3. They’re Here!
With this variety of colors to choose from, we’re confident every babywearer will find one that suits their style.
Little Star, silver silk combined with our lovely linens create:
- Little Elephant
- Little Olive
- Little Cranberry
- Little Stone
- Little Midnight
- Little Honey
Come see for yourself at the Green Bambino on October 8!
We’ll be there from 1-3 pm with our Mei Tai’s, Ring Slings and other products you don’t want to miss! Stop by to see what all the excitement is about and ask us any questions you might have--we look forward to seeing you there!
To learn more about myheartcreative, an Oklahoma web design studio, head over to our website. You can shop all our products, view our portfolio or schedule a consultation to see how we can help your company today.
Get connected on social media and follow our blog to stay updated on our latest work, helpful advice and news.
Posted on Wed, October 5, 2016
by Amy Samuel filed under