Small business owners have no choice but to find ways to improve their brand and online presence. The process may seem daunting, but there are seemingly small steps that have a definite impact online. Google My Business is one of the most important steps you can take.
WHAT IS GOOGLE MY BUSINESS?
Google determines if people find you online and what they see when they do. With Google My Business, you get to decide how your business will appear on Google Search and Google Maps. You can add or update:
- Your location
- Your hours
- Your company name
- Your phone number
You also have the ability to interact with people who leave reviews and discover ways that customers search for and find you.
HOW DO YOU SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT?
Here are the basics of setting up your Google My Business account.
- Log into your Google account; or set one up if necessary.
- Click the Start button in the top right corner of the page. (There is no cost.)
- Fill out the required information, including your business category and contact information.
- Choose your verification method once you are ready for your content to go live.
After verification, you will have access to the dashboard. (Click Manage in the top right corner.) Choose Info to update and fill out your profile, including services, products, business descriptions, etc. Make sure that you create the best first impression, so share anything that sets you apart from the crowd, and use good pictures. People are more likely to click on a business’s website when the Google My Business page has photos.
MANAGING GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
Getting the most out of your Google My Business requires careful management. Log in regularly to make sure that your information is accurate and to connect quickly with your customers. Here are a few tips:
- Reply to reviewers – Thank people for positive reviews, and try to understand negative feedback so you can improve your company.
- Check your performance – Find out the number of your recent map views, search views, and overall activity.
- Stay current – Update your hours, amenities, and photos as needed.
- You can take advantage of other aspects of Google My Business, including adding videos and installing messaging.
These are just a few of the ways that Google My Business can improve your brand awareness. It does take time to keep up with your account. If you ever need any help, please feel free to contact us. As an Oklahoma web design company, we know our way around Google.