We’re officially and unofficially 5 years old this month. Back in February 2010 we set our website live as “amyellacreative” and here we are 5 years later myheartcreative – an Oklahoma design studio doing what we love. We’re creating quality products that improve the lives of individuals, working on website designs for clients who trust us, helping grow businesses through better aesthetics as well as better messaging, and collaborating with some seriously talented folks.
So what’s it like to have been blogging for 5 years?
You would think by now I would have found my “voice” through the years of practice, but here’s what I’ve really found:
- I’m not the same person I was when I started blogging – and it’s fun to see the changes.
- Blogging takes a lot of time – always more time than you set aside.
- I’m not the best writer, but I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others.
- Blogging adds quality and organic content to our website – content our visitors can relate to.
- Our most popular blog was something I was just making for myself and decided to share.
- It’s so much more fun to blog about things you are passionate about rather than forcing yourself to write on an assigned topic.
- Quality pictures and graphics help illustrate blog topics.
- Getting comments on a blog post is like Christmas morning.
- I need to let hair down through writing more – it’s very freeing!
Speaking of letting my hair down.
Next month marks 1 year of going natural. See my original post from March 2014. I look pretty different from then to now. Maybe 5 years of blogging makes you go gray? Well it’s all been worth it.
Even though blogging, running a business, and loving a family are very demanding jobs I’m thankful for every gray hair on my head that represents my years of real growth. This past year has not been an easy one, but it sure has been an empowering one.
If you are thinking about starting a blog or heck… going gray! I say do it. Do it. Do it. Darling just do it. Life is too short to not try new things and start new adventures.
So let’s raise our grays to another 5 years of blogging and trying to making a difference in this world. While we’re writing our new blogs enjoy some of our favorites from the past: